While we don't celebrate Christmas, my family will take any excuse to get together and cuddle up on the couch with a good movie and, of course, have my Mom's famous hot chocolate.
For the first 15 years of my life, this hot chocolate recipe was top secret. My sister and I weren't even allowed in the kitchen while she made it! So you can imagine my shock when I was digging through the pantry for a snack and came across a box of Swiss Miss hot chocolate. Needless to say, we had an all hands on deck family meeting
HOWEVER, to my Mom's credit, she does add a few personal touches that really took it up a notch and kept us guessing all those years.
So after much consideration, Melissa has agreed to share her secret recipe with all of you. Enjoy!
Melissa's Famous Chocolate:
1. Boil water until SCORCHING hot
2. Pour 1 1/2 packets of Swiss Miss Hot chocolate into a mug
3. Pour hot water into the mug 3/4 of the way full
4. Add 1 small-ish scoop of Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream (You can use other brands, but Haagen Dazs is the best)
5. Top with 1 medium marshmallow
6. Sprinkle on rainbow sprinkles
7. Sip, sip hooray!
Let us know if you make Melissa's recipe! Tag or DM us @godashdot